Monday, May 28, 2012

The Pig: Washington, DC & American Whisky

While staying in DC last week for work, I stumbled upon a new restaurant near Logan Circle, The Pig. They didn't have a lot of Scotch, but I noticed they had a little section of Scotch styled American whiskey.


I was there by myself, early and seated at the bar, so the nice bartenders let me taste all three. Corsair triple smoke from Tennessee was a pretty good attempt at an Islay-like Scotch. Wasmund's single malt from Virginia just tasted odd, I am not sure how to describe it. I was happiest with Pritchard's single malt from Tennessee, and will have to pick up a bottle for the home collection sometime. Very little of the cherry flavor I tend to associate with American whiskies. Great paired with the Carolina smoked BBQ pork I had with mac n cheese. Stayed on for dessert and left when it was packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment