Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cooperage Wine & Whiskey Bar: Philadelphia, PA (USA)

Sorry its been so long since we've posted! This week I'm in Philadelphia for work. As usual, I slacked on planning any off-hour "fun" for myself short of trying to schedule video dates with my co-blogger.

In my research for scotch + Philadelphia, this establishment kept popping up. Yelpers said the service was slow, but everyone loved their mac n cheese. The menu looked good and within my budget, so I grabbed my umbrella (ah, warm summer rain!) and went out the hotel doors.

A while later, this blogger arrived in the restaurant/bar inside of Curtis Center (note: the location through me off a bit, especially compared to Google maps which made me think I was looking for something directly on the corner of 7th and Walnut) damper than she would have liked (I packed sandals and flats, not rain boots!). It was a nice place - I liked the decor and the big pillows on the bench half of the tables. Though a bit dark inside for my taste, given they are more of a true bar/restaurant blend than a bar. I ordered the mac, the soup of the day, and a bottle of Original Sin hard cider. I was really tempted by a chocolate stout they had but figured that wouldn't make sense with dinner.

Anyway, that's as far as I got. I was too tired to order another cider or a glass of scotch, and too annoyed at Philadelphia's high prices. And its not just Cooperage. I walked by Village Whiskey last night to check out the scene. I guess I just don't understand why their prices have to be as high or higher than some of the fancy-pants places in SF? Especially when their selection is nothing to write home about.


Address: 123 South 7th Street, Philadelphia, PA
Online:  www.cooperagephilly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment